Sunday, August 15, 2010

"never quite as simple as ordering from a restaurant menu"

I graduate in like ten months. so this is a list of career wants (and do-not-wants) based largely off the examples in Now What? by Nicholas Lore...since i have very little idea about what i want...

Positives:
i want to make a contribution that personally matters to me. i want to feel i am doing something that makes a difference.

i want to be successful. to me, being successful means...thinking creatively to be the "best" at solving problems. being very good at what i am doing. being an indispensable part of a team.

i want to feel satisfied and fulfilled in my career.

i want to be an expert in some specialty.

i want my work to be a natural expression of my talents and personality.

i want a balance between working very hard and potentially burning out, and not feeling that my job is important enough to try at.

i want to be self-employed or an entrepreneur...or run a non-profit.

i want a career where i am doing things that come easily to me and that i enjoy.

i want to be extremely successful, one of the top people in my chosen career./i want to be highly respected at work because i'm so good at what i do.

i want to work somewhere where people are friends, but not so close as family. it usually ends badly when things get very personal.

And the negatives:
i do not want to spend the majority of my time working for myself.

i don't need to make much money, i don't need to be wealthy. i need enough to live on and be independent from anyone else.

i'm not too entranced by adventure and danger at work.

i do really want to work. i'll get bored otherwise.

i want to work with people that are as motivated as i am.


No comments:

Post a Comment