Sunday, August 1, 2010

Go.

(something I wrote a few nights ago. I read Leslie Feinberg's Stone Butch Blues a couple weeks ago, and it inspired the last part. the rest is sort of an explanation for all the campus work I've been doing.)

I want an end to the tinge of fear in the hearts of my queer siblings (not just brothers and sisters), friends, and lovers. I want an end to the silence around questions that weigh in our stomachs--why? how? what next? am I the only one? I want no more bullying and no more closets.

I want a culture where you can pick your pronouns at sixteen and ten and forty-five. I want a place for anyone whose family doesn't understand to have Thanksgiving. I want zero homeless young people and a million rainbow pins. I want it easy for children that are not yet born--not because it is fair, not necessarily under the Constitution--because it is right. Because those who came before us fought--it is now time for us to fight. For me to fight.


No comments:

Post a Comment