Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 17- highs and lows of the year

2011 isn't over yet, so that's cheating. (so is skipping days, but whatever)

In 2010 I was a junior and then a senior in college. I was 20. I went on dates. I was in a shitty relationship and I had a good job. I had wonderful friends. I was in the Vagina Monologues.

One of my highs is that I solidified my social and political beliefs (as they are now). I met people like me and emulated them, but I also learned from some new friends with different experiences. I became a lot more independent, partially because I was sure of myself and my beliefs. I learned my way around Rochester. I got my first piercing.

Lows: the week I spent in Rochester that summer: expensive and traumatic. New Years' eve was boring and emblematic of why I hate my hometown. I was worried about what to do with life; what direction to take. My confidence meant arguing even more with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment